Saturday, February 7, 2009

Could Not Ask for More!




Today is my hubby's birthday! In honor of that, I would love for you to know a little bit about him. He's awesome!








Everyone always says you'll find that one special person,
The one who is meant for only you.
I have often wondered if
that saying was really true.




I have often wondered if "true love"
was really meant to be,
Or if my dream guy was
all just a fantasy.




I have often wondered if a man with all of the qualities I wanted
would ever come my way.
Then I decided to stop wondering,
And got down on my knees to pray.




I asked the Lord to help me find
my one and only true love.
The one I have waited all of my life for,
The man I have always dreamt of.




I asked Him for a man who would be
kind, sincere, and true.
Someone who is responsible, romantic,
and of course good-looking too!




I asked Him for a man who would be
my very best friend and always stand by me.
Together through life, we would share
Laughter, tears, our hopes and our dreams.




I asked Him for man who'd be a wonderful father,
and help me make a happy and loving home.
A man who would accept my precious son,
and love and care for him as his own.




I asked Him for a man who would love the Lord,
and always put his family first.
Someone who would treat me well and take care of me
for better or for worse.




I must have prayed forever,
But the Lord heard my prayer that day.
He found that perfect man I described
and sent him on his way.




Because when I met you, we started dating,
getting to know each other, and having fun.
It wasn't much later, I started seeing all these qualities in you,
Then realized you had every single one!




The man I had wondered about and had prayed for
was standing right next to me
An answer to my prayer,
A reality to my dream.




Tomorrow, I am going to marry my best friend.
The day I have waited my whole life for.
In you, I have found everything I wanted,
And I could not ask for more!




I wrote this poem for him and read it to him at our rehearsal dinner. He hasn't changed a bit, and I only love him more!






Happy Birthday Jeremy!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Very Sweet Melissa!!Happy Birthday Jerimie. WE had a blast today with you guys!!!

Grandma Carla said...

WOW! It sounds like you are BOTH very blessed people. Great poem. You sould put music to it and be rich when Celine Dion sings it!

Marni said...

That it so cute! I can tell that you both are head over heals for eachother! That's the way it's suppossed to be! ;) You make a very cute couple! I love you Melissa and I am so glad that you have found your Prince Charming! You deserve the best! He is a very lucky guy!

Jen said...

You guys are so cute together! And what an awesome poem to have written for your sweetie pie right before you got married. I can feel the love!

The Tolman Family said...

Happy Bday cuz !! (sorry if late). We redid my computer and barely am getting stuff reset up!
Love you guys!!

Moira-Lin said...

He sounds like an amazing guy! After all, you only deserve the best. :)

Slide in Sideways said...

I remember you reading this at the rehearsal dinner:) Where does the time go?!? BTW, your hair looks nice in this picture..... did you get it highlighted?