Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I LOVE the summertime! I have such sweet memories of just enjoying the summer as a child. No extravagant vacations, no tropical getaways...just pure childhood enjoyment! Going barefoot, playing in the hose, staying up late, drinking lemonade and trying to sell it, swimming with friends, getting burnt, building forts, visits to grandparents, going to the lake, seeing our cousins, ahhh...those were the days! Summer is SWEET!
I am extra grateful to be in the profession that allows me to have summers off with my children. That is a HUGE blessing to me & I would not have it any other way. Although, our summers now are a little different than when I grew up, I try to keep the creativity there. We love to "imagine and plan", we love to"create," we love to just enjoy the careless days and fun-filled nights! I TREASURE the summer time with my kiddos & I hope they do too.


No comments:
Post a Comment