Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When One Season Ends, Another Must Begin

We are excited for Kyle to play soccer, but sad to see FOOTBALL go!






We are so proud of CHRIS and his awesome football season. This was his first year to play on the school team & it was F-U-N! I really enjoyed cheering him on from the stands, wearing his button proudly, buying matching #27 shirts, and working the concession stands after his game.




Ocean Springs record was 6-2


But Chris's score with US was 100%


The very last game it rained...not hard, but a steady drizzle, the ENTIRE game. He never once complained...honestly! We were devoted fans too, because we sat on the cold bleachers in our rain gear (thanks, Jeremy...he is always so prepared)& umbrella with wet booties, rooting for our team! (I wanted a picture really bad so that you would believe me, but didn't risk the rain & the camera)


Many times when I saw what he had to endure as a football player, it made me want to go home and have a hot shower waiting for him, fix him a BIG delicious dinner, then do his homework & his chores FOR him!!


Those young guys work hard!
We enjoyed his football banquet & now we say farewell to football....til next year!



















Cami is still in dance...her season is not over yet....she continues to DANCE LIKE NO ONES WATCHING!

6 comments:

Val said...

I know, I love football. I wish Zach would have continued into highschool. I loved watching Jax playing flag this year. Can't wait for next. Now it's onto Basketball.

M'Liss said...

I can't believe how grown up your son looks. Where does the time go?! It sounds like you all are pretty busy with sports. Aren't kids so fun to watch grow and improve all the time?

Grandma Carla said...

What a great Mom you are. I would have at least grumbled about sitting in the rain! I remember the swim meets we sat through in the 115 degree weather. I wish I was as good as you...I complained a lot. I sat throught them, but not with a smile! You're amazing!

Moira-Lin said...

I love the matching shirts! It is amazing what these boys go through to play football. Daniel used to say "Boy, I need a shower" as he was trying to wipe his sweaty body on his sister or me. He wants to be just like Tyler and be stinky after practice. WHY??? Boys are funny aren't they.

Natalie said...

You're a good mom. I'm really not looking forward to all the driving and hauling and practices and on and on... but I want to be a good mom like you, so I should just get ready for it! :) Thankfully, I have a couple of years left before that starts!

Serendipity said...

Way to go Chris -- for a great season! Way to go Melissa -- for always being there to support him!