I love this season...actually I love all the seasons. I enjoy them greatly and toward the end of each season, I am anxiously awaiting the next one. Each season has sweet offerings. But it is now FALL and I am loving it!

The weather is cooler...ahh! We spend lots of time outdoors. Being outside in the fall always makes me think of those enjoyable leaf hunts I would go on as a child. Leaves are pretty fascinating to me... may sound silly, but I have always found leaves so much fun. Watching them fall in the gentle breeze, seeing the colors change before our eyes, piling them all up and launching in!
The weather is cooler...ahh! We spend lots of time outdoors. Being outside in the fall always makes me think of those enjoyable leaf hunts I would go on as a child. Leaves are pretty fascinating to me... may sound silly, but I have always found leaves so much fun. Watching them fall in the gentle breeze, seeing the colors change before our eyes, piling them all up and launching in!
What is great is that I have children of my own and I have worked with children for 12 years so I still get to enjoy leaves! My all-time favorite activity to do with children is to go on a nature walk and collect "treasures" Children gathering nature by the armful and finding excitement with each find is priceless!! Then returning, to turn our treasures into masterpieces!
Leaf rubbings, Leaf creatures, painting leaves, the possibilities are endless!
Marni has been posting some adorable preschool art she is doing with her precious boys. Through comments, we exchanged ideas and it inspired me to share some of my favorite FALL art. Just a few of them anyway....I would love to have more time to do more. These just happen to have been in my preschool activites the past couple weeks. I am sure most of you have seen all these before, they have been around. You can do so much with any of these and add to them or take away, add fun ribbon to hang them and deocrate or what I love is that these art pieces the kids get to take home make GREAT scrapbook material!! I adore using kids hands and feet, because to me they are precious and it is so personal, a piece of themselves to look back on...priceless and everlasting! I love to see children engage in our activity with wonder filled eyes and an imagination ready to explore. I have always been taught to let the child do their own work and I am a STICKLER about that! The activities I choose to do with children will be ones that they can create...it is not the finished product that is important it is the PROCESS in which they make it! (Now of course, I may paint their hands and feet, but they LOVE it and get excited when we do. I always make a big deal by talking to each child as I paint and that is my one-on-one time with them too) These are great to do with younger children because it is always so cute to see how they create and how each of their art is so different! I love it! Now these I had my own children do who are 5 and 9 so theirs look that way. My preschoolers looked alot different but ever so adorable!
I would love for you to share some of your favorite Fall Art!
*Paper plate mosaic pumpkin-children can tear or cut paper then glue to make a pumpkin
*Thumbprint Critters-let the children stamp their thumb several times wherever they would like on the paper, then ask what critters they would like.
*Fist pumpkins- use a thumbprint for the stem
*Footprint Ghost
*Marble Painting spider Webs and Fingerprint Spiders
*Paint Dropping with Halloween Colors


3 comments:
Those are so cute!
Hey, Landra never sent me your info for the cookies. If you send me your address I will get making the cookies, probably Sunday and then send them Monday morning.
How funny, Maddie & I were just talking about one year that she and Ben made ghost feet (thank you notes for preschool teachers)!!!!
-- all of your ideas are so fall & festive!
Ok, I'm a slacker. I forgot to get the m&m's for the cookies and I didn't want to have to shop today, so I am going tomorrow, will make and then send on Tuesday!
Post a Comment