Most of you know this, but for those who do not:
I serve in the Young Women program at my church, which means, I am a teacher, a leader, a role model, & a friend to the girls in our church ages 12-18.
I absolutely LOVE it!
These girls mean alot to me and it brings me joy to see them grow and learn in the gospel. I love to teach them and plan lessons and activities that will help bring them closer to their Savior and Father in Heaven.
Completely Fulfilling.
This past weekend we all attended the YW broadcast together.
Wow!
My heart is full.
SO full.
I have been to many of these before & they are always awesome, but this time different somehow. Every word spoken went straight to my heart and just when I thought I heard exactly what I needed to hear...I heard something even more profound to me.
I loved when Thomas S. Monson expressed the importance of COURAGE.
Courage to Stand for what is right
&
Courage to not judge!!
Can you imagine if the world had more people willing to do this?
This year's theme is from the Bible
1 Timothy 4: 12
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers,
in word,
in conversation,
in charity,
in spirit,
in faith,
in purity."
What a powerful message. Even more reason to LIVE right.
Why?
Because I am a believer.
And
I want others to know I believe.
During the broadcast I was so touched, many times.
Moments that related to the
girls in my class
to my family
to myself.
But at one moment when all the beautiful YW were singing...there were so many of them, I thought about how I LOVE that our church is exactly the same everywhere! That, we are all in this together and are striving for the same goal. And even though we live in different places and live different lives, we are taught the same.
Taught to believe.
Taught to be an example of the believers.
It also made me realize again & again how amazing my youth was and how tremendously grateful I am for the leaders & friends that were/are in my life.
Then I thought of all of them.
I will not write them, too afraid I might leave one out.
But I thought of every single one.
Then I smiled because I knew many of them were watching the broadcast too.
Many years ago we were in YW together.
We were friends.
We were examples to each other. I remember each of you & who you were, I remember your examples well.
We were believers....we are believers.
I am who I am because I believe & I am proud of that!
What you believe...is demonstrated in how you live!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hi Mellissa, Just wanted to let you know that Jaime has a blog. You can find her on my blog under Jaime and family. Why not be her second friend and leave her a message. Thanks. By the way, I really enjoy reading yours. Soooo inspirational.
Thanks for your comments and thought. Being with the youth must be a rewarding and challenging experience. I can imagine that you are a wonderful leader. I know that I would have appreciated a friend in the presidency like you growing up. I am looking forward to hearing the lord council in conference. Ps I added you to my blog so you should get a request.
Love YA
Tiff
You do such a great job with the girls...they are blessed to have you as one of their examples!
Post a Comment