Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something Special

The anticipation.

The wonder.
Excitement fills the air and consumes all of our emotion.

Family Vacation!


There is simply something special about it.



The Holland Family Cruise to the Caribbean
February 22nd left for Texas to meet up with loved ones- 23rd Boarded ship in Galveston-spent 2 days at sea-stopped in Montego Bay, Jamaica-Grand Cayman-Cozumel-another day at sea








The culture. Breathtaking scenery. The simplicity. The elegance. The hospitality. White sand between your toes. Soaking up the golden sun. Secluded islands. Relaxing under a coconut tree while sipping on a tropical punch. The giggles. The smiles. Echoes of splashing and laughter. Fresh breeze blowing through your hair. The pool. The slide. The towel creation surprises. The luxury. The views from the balcony. Waves crashing. Sun setting. Picture taking. Memories creating.


Unforgettable!!
But...

There is also something special about coming home.


Arriving at our sweet familiar place, surrounded by the ones I hold most dear, I am filled with relief, comfort, peace, joy, & *gratitude*! There truly is nothing like coming home!


*Gratitude for many blessings in my life! Including such wonderful in-laws who are enjoyable, pleasant, & caring. We LOVE making memories with you!



*Gratitude for a blessed life with amazing loved ones and for our choice to find and experience

JOY in our JOurneY together!
Jeremy, Chris, Cam, & Kyle...I LOVE you...forever!

































































































8 comments:

Dana said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. I would love to do something like that. YOu really got some sun didn't you!! I love the dressed up picture of you guys all together. What a nice family!!

The Hicks Family said...

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. The pics look really good. Your kids are getting so big!

Jen said...

How exciting! I'm sure your kids will remember that forever. It looks so beautiful in your photos. I'm glad you guys had fun.

The Haynies said...

What a fun trip!!! Good times getting away, but it is always nice to come home.

Serendipity said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! Nothing like getting away and enjoying family time! I love how you documented it...

Val said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time. And got a little sun burned.

Natalie said...

How fun!!! Gorgeous pictures, Gorgeous Girl! :)

Amy said...

Melissa, Your family picture is absolutely gorgeous. What a cute family! And YOU look stunning! I am glad you had so much fun, traveled safe and returned home safe! Love the pics!